Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Product Review: Benefit To Go! PIC HEAVY!


Here's my review of the Benefit To Go "Stay Put" Set! Available online only at Sephora.com for $10!

This set contains:
- 0.09 oz Stay Don't Stray
- 0.11 oz Erase Paste in Medium
- 0.11 oz Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in R.S.V.P.







The final say:
Stay Don't Stray: Love it! And I've heard mixed reviews on this, so I was skeptical.  I love that it's a thicker consistency and can be used underneath your eyes as a concealer.  It's doesn't get cakey on me like some have said, but I think it's because I set it with a powder (BE-Mineral Veil). Would I repurchase? Yes!
Erase Paste: This comes in the color Medium which isn't exactly my shade but I made it work.  I used it as an under eye concealer and then set it with powder.  Later in the day I did find that it settled in the fine lines around my eyes, but I just lightly used my finger to wipe it out of my lines and it was fine. Lately I've been using it under my eyes but not near my lines and making sure I set it with powder since it's a very creamy texture. Would I repurchase? No. But I'm thinking about trying Boi-ing concealer since I hear it's less creamy.

Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow: This stuff reminds me a lot of Urban Decay's primer potion in Sin.  It's the same champagne color and has the same consistency.  UDPP in Sin, although, has more of a golden shimmer to it and this has more of a silver sheen.  Very pretty in the sunlight! I used it as a base to apply a powder eyeshadow in a similar color on top, just as you would Sin.  The shadow didn't crease and lasted all day.  Would I repurchase? Yes, the full size product is $19 and comes in an array of beautiful colors!

For $10 I recommend getting your hands on one of these kits before Sephora sells out again. Here's the link again if you're interested.  It's a great way to familiarize yourself with Benefit before you purchase the bigger, more expensive products.  I think all cosmetic lines should do this! 

Just remember that what may work for me, may not work for you and vise-versa.

And can I just say one more thing? I flippin LOVE Benefit's packaging! It's so cute!

3 comments:

  1. I was ging to aks you what I should use one my dark circles under my eyes. Do you think I should give any of these a try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I should check my spelling before I post.....lol. You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really bad dark circles! Get a good under eye cream! I use L'Oreal revitalift (I got it at Ulta) and then I use a correcting concealer that's tinted orange. Depending on what color your dark circles are (they could be blue, purple or greenish) you need to use the opposite color on the color wheel to camouflage and diffuse the color. My dark circles are blue, so across the color wheel is orange. Same thing for the redness of a pimple. Across from red is green. I would use a green corrector to diffuse the color and then apply a skin tone concealer over it.
    So after the cream and the corrector then I apply a colored concealer that is slightly lighter than my skin tone. Just to give the illusion of brightness. Then I set everything with a powder so it doesn't crease!
    Every once and awhile I'll lay down for about 30 minutes with a cold eye mask from the freezer. It helps with the puffiness! I've heard cold cucumbers work well. And warm tea bags will also help!
    Like I said; my dark circles are REALLY bad, so I may not be the best person to ask.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails