Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Review and Swatches: L.A. Colors Metallic Polish Series

Click to enlarge

I picked up this 4 pack at my local CVS sometime last week and I'm so impressed with them I decided to do a blogpost!
The first time I saw them I just walked right by, but after seeing the price, I decided to snatch them up.  I'm on a no polish budget right now, but for $2.99 I couldn't pass it up.  You can't even get one bottle for $2.99, let alone 4!
So on to the review: they're awesome! I wasn't expecting too much, because if you break it down it's like .75 cents a bottle right? But seriously...I was amazed at the pigmentation of them.  The only downside I see from these is that they don't have names. I hate when they don't have names! But everything else about these are great! They're not runny or streaky, they just glide right on.  The teal one...did you see it? It's amazing, right? ONE coat!! The rest needed two coats, but that's ok by me! It's when I get into 4-5 coats, I start getting annoyed.
Are you still reading this? Why haven't you left to run out to your CVS to buy these? GO GO GO! :)
In case you need more convincing I'll give you more details:
Teal: WOW, my favorite of the group, goes on opaque with 1 coat, super rich teal color with silver metallic glitter.
Purple: Dark purple with blue and purple glitter. Super glittery, but a little sheer. Needs 2 coats.
Pink: Raspberry pink with lots of pink and blue glitter. Needs 2 coats.
Gray: Blackened gray with silver metallic glitter. Needs 2 coats.

Also, I do believe I've found a dupe for OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous! Stay tuned for a comparison!!

5 comments:

  1. Well, I can't run right out to CVS because there are none in northern NY.
    My Dollar Tree has some of the LA Colors Color Craze so that is where I 'try' to find them.
    Love your nails with those colors.
    What are the names anyway? I think they would be on the package wouldn't they?
    Great find.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lacquer surprised me too. I found a couple foils and some great pigmented colors in their different collections. Those metallics look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish i cud jus go and pick these up lol great swatches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked these up!

    Follow me and ill follow you!
    http://toesthattwinkle.blogspot.com/
    (i just started and could use some followers!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found these at my CVS today at lunch and of course I grabbed one as fast as my little hands could reach! LOL I'm so glad I grabbed this because I love the pink - I don't have a color that even comes close. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails